[Public Mobile] $29 40GB Ends July 8 - $34 50GB Canada/US 5G $40 75GB Can/US $50 100GB Can/US - Free SIM card or eSim - Page 36 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums (2024)

Hot Deals

Public Mobile

  • Last Updated:
  • Jul 9th, 2024 9:40 am
  • Category:
  • Telecom

Tags:

  • public mobile
  • 50gb
  • 5g

SCORE

+146?

179
33

Reply to ThreadReply

Reason

Score breakdown ×

Upvote

0%

Not a good price

0%

Bad product/service

0%

Poor merchant reputation

0%

Unable to get the deal

0%

Other (downvote)

0%

  • Search this thread
  • Search this thread
Jun 4th, 2024 7:02 pm
  • #701
keefrto1
Sr. Member
May 24, 2008
805 posts
355 upvotes
Edmonton ish

Jun 4th, 2024 7:02 pm

Gitaroo wrote: how do you request porting number over? I am about to sign up but dont want to do it until I know I can port my numbers over. This is not available in a store right?

So what you have to do first with PM is sign up for the sim or esim on the Web site or download the app. Pick the plan you want and you ha e to pay for the first month regardless. When you receive the sim and you are ready to activate, then you port the number over in the app. I just did three and it was easy. I was advised to not use IMEI when transferring and to use the Telus account number I had so it was pretty much instant when I did that. You won't pay anything more until you activate the sim so you can sit for a few weeks am pretty sure. Hope that helps

updating

+4
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 12:26 am
  • #702
LMM552
Jr. Member
Apr 23, 2016
189 posts
68 upvotes
Montr

Jun 5th, 2024 12:26 am

Anyone got a plan just to use for a month trip in the US? How is the coverage? 40$ for 75GB is the easiest and cheapest option I'm finding

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 8:18 am
  • #703
Dunkster
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2600 posts
3392 upvotes

Jun 5th, 2024 8:18 am

LMM552 wrote: Anyone got a plan just to use for a month trip in the US? How is the coverage? 40$ for 75GB is the easiest and cheapest option I'm finding

If you don't need that much data, the $34 PM for 50 GB is another option.
Overall PM coverage in USA is decent. Public mobile partners with AT&T and T mobile. Looks also like Verizon is a new US partner.
It is important to have VoLTE compatible phone for talk service with PM roaming since 3G network is decommissioned in the USA.

You may be able to find a cheaper US domestic service, but you would need to do some research online.

Public Mobile, Tangerine

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 4:26 pm
  • #704
MK2022
Newbie
Nov 24, 2022
12 posts
6 upvotes

Jun 5th, 2024 4:26 pm

I need some suggestions here, one of our family members will move to US east coast for 3 years, I checked their phone plans and noticed US cell plans are not cheap.
I wonder if this PM Canada and US plan will be a good choice for this purpose? 40GB should be enough, lots of ppl saying the coverage is good over there, I think the only draw back might be having a Canadian number, but most people are using texting and social media.
Not sure if anyone doing this spending lots of time in US?

Thanks.

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 6:17 pm
  • #705
CanadianConsumerYEG
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2020
3639 posts
6929 upvotes
YEG/YYZ

Jun 5th, 2024 6:17 pm

keefrto1 wrote: I had similar plans and just waiting for the call but to be honest if it doesn't come, #nottaproblem.

Actually I found that PM dropped calls constantly. When I called Telus winback my call dropped twice in the span of 15 minutes. I text 90% of the time but I definitely wouldn't want dropped calls.

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 7:10 pm
  • #706
keefrto1
Sr. Member
May 24, 2008
805 posts
355 upvotes
Edmonton ish

Jun 5th, 2024 7:10 pm

MK2022 wrote: I need some suggestions here, one of our family members will move to US east coast for 3 years, I checked their phone plans and noticed US cell plans are not cheap.
I wonder if this PM Canada and US plan will be a good choice for this purpose? 40GB should be enough, lots of ppl saying the coverage is good over there, I think the only draw back might be having a Canadian number, but most people are using texting and social media.
Not sure if anyone doing this spending lots of time in US?

Thanks.

Personally I would all over Mint Mobile

updating

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 7:12 pm
  • #707
keefrto1
Sr. Member
May 24, 2008
805 posts
355 upvotes
Edmonton ish

Jun 5th, 2024 7:12 pm

CanadianConsumerYEG wrote: Actually I found that PM dropped calls constantly. When I called Telus winback my call dropped twice in the span of 15 minutes. I text 90% of the time but I definitely wouldn't want dropped calls.

Am reliant on my kids to tell me their experience over the next little while #watching #waiting

updating

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 10:07 pm
  • #708
spots01
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2006
4313 posts
5742 upvotes
Muskoka

Jun 5th, 2024 10:07 pm

Looks like PM has brought back the $34 50GB Cda only plan with unlimited data afterwards

Available for for new and existing customers

Public Mobile

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 11:20 pm
  • #709
will888
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
30222 posts
21512 upvotes

Jun 5th, 2024 11:20 pm

MK2022 wrote: I need some suggestions here, one of our family members will move to US east coast for 3 years, I checked their phone plans and noticed US cell plans are not cheap.
I wonder if this PM Canada and US plan will be a good choice for this purpose? 40GB should be enough, lots of ppl saying the coverage is good over there, I think the only draw back might be having a Canadian number, but most people are using texting and social media.
Not sure if anyone doing this spending lots of time in US?

Thanks.

You could theoretically use a Public Mobile plan which allows you to keep your Canadian number. For communication with those in the US not wanting to pay long distance to call a Canadian number you can get a Google voice number which will give you the ability to do talk and text through the voice app using either mobile data or WiFi. Google voice numbers are free.

Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $25/20GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii,

HSBC
+2
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 5th, 2024 11:22 pm
  • #710
will888
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
30222 posts
21512 upvotes

Jun 5th, 2024 11:22 pm

spots01 wrote: Looks like PM has brought back the $34 50GB Cda only plan with unlimited data afterwards

Available for for new and existing customers

It would be nice if they bring back the $75/60GB/90 day plan and make the $57/9GB/90 day plan available to everyone.

Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $25/20GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii,

HSBC
+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 12:14 am
  • #711
ned214
Member
Aug 10, 2017
394 posts
551 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 12:14 am

will888 wrote: It would be nice if they bring back the $75/60GB/90 day plan and make the $57/9GB/90 day plan available to everyone.

They probably won't since it was part of the $29 plan which now has 40GB. They would have to make it $75/120GB.

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 12:15 am
  • #712
Daijoubu
Deal Guru
Dec 11, 2004
11281 posts
3974 upvotes
Montreal, QC

Jun 6th, 2024 12:15 am

Ordered free SIM on Sunday, said 2 business days (to ship? Now I see 7 days to receive in the email), nothing on the 3rd, let's hope it's here tomorrow.

Also ordered the $5 SIM card from Amazon with Prime next day, now sold by Public Mobile.

I've got 2 lines to transfer, can't wait forever as new billing cycle starts soon.

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 12:59 am
  • #713
Dunkster
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2600 posts
3392 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 12:59 am

Daijoubu wrote: Ordered free SIM on Sunday, said 2 business days (to ship? Now I see 7 days to receive in the email), nothing on the 3rd, let's hope it's here tomorrow.

Also ordered the $5 SIM card from Amazon with Prime next day, now sold by Public Mobile.

I've got 2 lines to transfer, can't wait forever as new billing cycle starts soon.

Physical SIM cards via the PM website ships within 2 business days, but can take up to 10 business days to arrive. Via Canada Post, no tracking.

Is your phone eSIM compatible? If rushed for time, may need to use your Amazon purchase PM SIM card instead and save the others for possible friend/family referrals in the future.

Public Mobile, Tangerine

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 2:08 am
  • #714
MK2022
Newbie
Nov 24, 2022
12 posts
6 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 2:08 am

will888 wrote: You could theoretically use a Public Mobile plan which allows you to keep your Canadian number. For communication with those in the US not wanting to pay long distance to call a Canadian number you can get a Google voice number which will give you the ability to do talk and text through the voice app using either mobile data or WiFi. Google voice numbers are free.

Thanks a lot!
Does this Canada US plan free if calling US numbers in US?

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 7:13 am
  • #715
gamefacelouie
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2018
3173 posts
6038 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 7:13 am

MK2022 wrote: Thanks a lot!
Does this Canada US plan free if calling US numbers in US?

Yes


I'd trade it all for a little more.

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 7:19 am
  • #716
will888
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
30222 posts
21512 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 7:19 am

ned214 wrote: They probably won't since it was part of the $29 plan which now has 40GB. They would have to make it $75/120GB.

True, but they could easily revise the data bucket size. Maybe go halfway, $75/90GB/90 days. This would be a best seller.

Public Mobile customer, $34/50GB CAN-US, $25/20GB
Tangerine, EQ, Simplii,

HSBC
+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 7:23 am
  • #717
tomadams
Member
Jan 15, 2017
440 posts
504 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 7:23 am

Coverage in my rural area isn't as good as Rogers but the price is good. I do get dropped calls unfortunately and really really wish they had wifi calling.

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 8:32 am
  • #718
Dunkster
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2017
2600 posts
3392 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 8:32 am

tomadams wrote: Coverage in my rural area isn't as good as Rogers but the price is good. I do get dropped calls unfortunately and really really wish they had wifi calling.

No official word on Wifi calling, so I doubt that service will come in the near future.

As for dropped calls, there have been several reports on this issue. Public mobile is aware and is working on a fix. Timeline unknown.

Public Mobile, Tangerine

  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 8:41 am
  • #719
kowell
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2012
1437 posts
1910 upvotes
Quebec

Jun 6th, 2024 8:41 am

Dunkster wrote: Physical SIM cards via the PM website ships within 2 business days, but can take up to 10 business days to arrive. Via Canada Post, no tracking.

Is your phone eSIM compatible? If rushed for time, may need to use your Amazon purchase PM SIM card instead and save the others for possible friend/family referrals in the future.

Physical sim cards are also available on amazon and usually ship much quicker

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote
Jun 6th, 2024 9:04 am
  • #720
gamefacelouie
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2018
3173 posts
6038 upvotes

Jun 6th, 2024 9:04 am

Dunkster wrote: No official word on Wifi calling, so I doubt that service will come in the near future.

As for dropped calls, there have been several reports on this issue. Public mobile is aware and is working on a fix. Timeline unknown.

Last week dropping a call like crazy at my house, must have been 5x's in 20 minutes. This week 2 long calls same location, never dropped once. IDK


I'd trade it all for a little more.

+1
  • Reply
  • Reply with quote

Reply to Thread

Back to top

Top

Thread Information

There are currently 13 users viewing this thread.(8 members and 5 guests)

Dunkster, DeadlyPrincess, yyjyyj, jetsfan08, draganmilosav, doctor80, arcueid, mfrania

[Public Mobile] $29 40GB Ends July 8 - $34 50GB Canada/US 5G $40 75GB Can/US $50 100GB Can/US - Free SIM card or eSim - Page 36 - RedFlagDeals.com Forums (2024)

References

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Arielle Torp

Last Updated:

Views: 5842

Rating: 4 / 5 (41 voted)

Reviews: 88% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Arielle Torp

Birthday: 1997-09-20

Address: 87313 Erdman Vista, North Dustinborough, WA 37563

Phone: +97216742823598

Job: Central Technology Officer

Hobby: Taekwondo, Macrame, Foreign language learning, Kite flying, Cooking, Skiing, Computer programming

Introduction: My name is Arielle Torp, I am a comfortable, kind, zealous, lovely, jolly, colorful, adventurous person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.